Sunday, November 6, 2011

What's with all the belly taps?

3am, and here I sit in the lab. For the third time tonight. Exhausted, but this is the job. Tonight's weird, though. I'm on my third call and this is the THIRD abdominal fluid analysis I've had. That's 2 more than the total number I've done since I started working here 15 months ago. Why? There's no pathologist on duty, obviously, so unless something is glaringly wrong, I won't be able to tell them much. Blech. Plus, I didn't get to go to the Roller Derby as planned tonight since all the horses in Fort Collins chose tonight to colic. Boo.

Going back to bed now.

1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    Just had lunch with Dori up here in Seattle and she reminded me of your blog. I'm living vicariously through you as I wanted to be a vet when I was growing up, though I'm 100% certain I wouldn't be able to make it through the rigors of academia now as you are. You were one of the most intelligent people I had the privilege of meeting at MC and continue to prove that through and through. Though it's tough now, the goal is worth the effort and I'm sure your kids will thank you for years to come!

    Blessings,
    Yee

    ReplyDelete